• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Front Loading Tank

w00dg0blin

Thanks to all the ideas in this forum I finally converted a 20 Gallon Long tank into a front loader. I figure the final cost was about $80. I got the tank on Craigslist for $30 and the plexiglass from estreetplastics.com for $28. The vent on the door came from Lowe's for $4.98. It's half of a vent for the skirting around a mobile home. Pop rivetting the plexiglass to the top and laying it on the side is pure genius. Thanks to whoever came up with that idea. I really like the Wing-Handle Cam Latch on the door, thanks to another stroke of genius. About the only thing that I came up with my self was the wood top. Horizonal space around naturally attracts alot of stuff and I was afraid of people putting stuff directly on the glass so the wood transfers the weight to the frame of the tank. My real idea was using three Superflux 4 Chip white LEDs in the bottom of the top. The LEDs are from oznium and are originally for car lighting so I have it running on a 12 volt DC power supply. It really sets it off and gives the whole unit a zoo quality look. If I can get a decent pic without the flash I'll post it.

DSCF1459small.jpg

DSCF1461small.jpg

Back