• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Future tessera pairing!

Senusenu

I've got some time to go before this happens (my car will be paid off before this happens, so I will be able to invest in a couple of racks before this revs up), but I like thinking ahead :p

This is Cygnet, my tessera het hypo bloodred
20140826_094623_zpsbsvr9jw2.jpg

And then I found this male hypo pied het caramel, who I am paying for tomorrow
(baby pics)
127718_305027_VeryLarge_Sd2qTOwK0RPltzW_zpsc2ff9212.jpg

127718_294333_VeryLarge_5tQrFNAULz7r5G6_zps6280282d.jpg

(current, at about 1 year)
000_0009_zpsebbc8ae2.jpg

000_0007_zps5c318127.jpg

I have been reading on the pied genetics, I know it will make the babies het for pied, and that high expression animals don't always produce high expression babies, so I would like to see if I can selectively breed lower expression animals with the best amount of white and eventually breed up to high expression. Pied was NOT my intention in getting him (I just wanted a hypo blood male), so I consider it a bonus along with the caramel.

It will be a fun project for sure!

Back