• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

fuzzies/hoppers

Yvonne112

Mom of HEI\IDRIX
This is going to probably sound really dumb, but everytime I go to my pet store and ask for fuzzies I seem to get something different. The last time I went, I got little guys with white fur on them. Last night I went, and they gave me smaller ones with very little fur or fuzz. They almost look like pinkies, but maybe just a bit bigger.
Can you help me? I want to make sure I'm feeding Hendrix the right amount. I know he should be on fuzzies now, and although the last batch with the white fur seemed to big for him, he managed them o.k. and did not regurge.
Where the white furry ones hoppers??
I'm confused!! :shrugs:

There is a lot of variation in fuzzies of the same mass. So it's nice to have a gram scale so you know what you are feeding. I always say "Can I see your frozen fuzzies?" and pick out the size I want.

Nanci

Fuzzies vary in size quite a great deal, you get small fuzzies (ie. ones that are JUST not pinkies) and then you get large fuzzies (ie. ones that are JUST not hoppers) and everything in between.

Judge what the perfect size for your snake is and then ask to see the fuzzies as Nanci suggested...If they give you something that is too small or too big, don't be scared to ask for the correct size, it's their job to go to the back and find the right size for you! :D

OHHHH....o.k., I thought that those people had no idea what they were doing! I'll definetly ask to see them next time. I do have a gram scale as well, and I've printed off the munson plan, so I think I'm all set now.
Just when you think you know what you're doing, you learn something new!
Thanks for the help!

Back