• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Germ X

tiffany43050

My husband pointed out the strong smell of Germ X to me yesterday. he asked if I was completely sure it wasn't harmful to him. To be honost I haven't read that it was harmful but I also haven't read its completey safe either. I have read there is some special brand sanitizer but my local pet store doesn't carry it. I read that you should sanitize before and after handeling your little loved one.Thanks for your help.

I think it's probably fine. I've been using GermX for a couple years now and haven't noticed any effects. At best the smell might be a mile irritant, but I'm not even sure of that. It's probably no worse than the gazillion fragrant anti-bacterial handsoaps that exist.
The main ingredient in GermX and most other hand sanitizers that smells so strongly is ethyl alcohol. Ethyl alcohol evaporates quite quickly, which is why your hands dry so quickly when you use hand sanitizer as opposed to just rubbing water on them. Even though the smell is pretty strong right at first, at least for me, it seems to wear off pretty quickly until it's faint.
With hand sanitizers being so common there is bound to be information about pet safety if you search on Google. Since it is designed to come into contact with humans, I doubt there's anything toxic about it. You could also always get an ingredient list and look up the MSDS protocols for the chemicals.

I just wanted to say thank you. I didn't think it would be harmful but I am glad to hear others use it as well. I will look it up just for something to "learn" however I am feeling better so thank you. I felt silly asking but I had to make sure.
tiffany43050

Back