• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Gettin my corn tommarow! YAY! but I still need help

Abbya

im going tommarow morning to a reptile show in Ozark, MO. I wonder if there will be anyone else there who doesn't know much about snakes. I have been reading this forum for months and I have the corn snake manuel.
anyways, what do u guys recomened i get for an encloser? could i get a cheap plastic dritter cage that little kids use for frogs? will they sell me a small cage at the show? will they sell me mice there? :confused:
i really won't be able to spend a long time there because my mom works so i'll only be there for 2 hours. any advice on what i need to buy right away and how to go about getting what will be appriciated. i'm excited :D
-abby

I've never been to a show before but, from what I've heard, many of the larger ones sell all the things you need for looking after your snakes, including enclosures and mice. I'd suggest getting a small(ish) plastic tank for your hatchling snake but remember that you'll have to upgrade to something like a 20 gallon when the snake grows. Have fun!!

hey abbya

the reptile shows usally haveeverything youll need right there. when i bought my corns at the show i went to, i also bought a little cage(the ones the little kids buy for frogs)to take them home. the little plastic cageusally works fine for about 6 mths-year depending on the size of cage and the growth of the corn. you will be able to get mice and pinks there also. you just have to choose between f/t and live. dont forget to ask the breeder that you buy your corn from as many questions as you can think of. if he cant answer al of your question i wouldnt buy from them.BTW this is my own personal opinion. dont forget to look the corn over for any body defects and or ticks.::IMHO

HTH,
drizzt

I went to the Tampa show in September n' got 3 corns. A male caramel & female anery from Rich, and a female anery from Ben Siegel. I also managed to get my pinkies there... It was only $25 for 100 frozen pinkies.

There were a whole ton of enclosures there that would've suited a corn perfectly, but I bought ten 12qt rubbermaid snaptoppers the week before, so I use those to house my young corns for a few months.

I'd just go down to big lots, Walmart or the local dollar store and see what tubs you can find.

Back