• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

getting a new Viv & a heating question

Ravendark

Man of Metal
im splashing out and treating Malfoy to a new viv next month but i have a heating question.

im going from a class viv with and heat mat under the glass to a wooden viv ... but what do i do about the heating? do i go for a lamp like with my Beardy? or will the heat mat still work.

thanks.
this is pretty much the same heat mat that i currently use

1mat.jpg

is it safe to have that sort inside the viv with him?

im wanting to light the viv as well ... i know corns are nocturnal & so dont NEED light but what do you guys think about these?

n50.jpg

these bits are all from a site i found (i expect most of you have found it before) www.cornsnakesupplies.com this is an English website so probley isnt much use to most of you ... me being from England tho it is perfect.

That UTH will be fine inside a wooden viv, i have one very similar underneath about 1.5" of substrate. You do need to have it on a thermostat to prevent temps getting too hot, without a thermostat temps get up to over 100 degrees which is way too hot.

As for the viewing light i have an IR bulb as snakes cant see red, im not too sure on the blue bulbs :shrugs:

Hope this helps.

Great stuff mate, the info about the heat mat is exacly what i needed to hear thank you :D heres the right up for the light from the website:

Moonlight lamp
Simulates natural moonlight
Perfect for nocturnal viewing
Stimulates breeding behaviour
Coated with rare earth black phosphors
Will not alter natural day length or photo period
Protects pets from nigth time temperature drop
Promotes normal digestion & activity
50watt (Screw Fitting)

Price: £4.25p

Back