• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting a salmon snow corn snake

hannah7612

I'm new to this forum, I just wanted to post my soon-to-be new salmon snow corn snake! He's so cute! I cannot wait to get him and see how beautiful he is in person. I have heard and read that coral snows and salmon snows are the same? Yet coral snows sometimes look not as intense pink as the salmon snows? I'm still very confused because I have seen the traits are the same consisting of red factor, anery and amel? Both are beautiful. But here is my soon-to-be SALMON SNOW CORN SNAKE! :)

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240717_123628_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240717_123628_Instagram.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240717_123544_790.jpg
    IMG_20240717_123544_790.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240717_123549_187.jpg
    IMG_20240717_123549_187.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240717_123537_510.jpg
    IMG_20240717_123537_510.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
When a Corn has one copy of RF, it is usually slightly pink, and we typically call it a "Coral". When a corn has 2 copies of the RF mutation, it can be intensely pink and we usually refer to that as a "Salmon". Enjoy your new cutie :).

He's lovely! There's definitely some confusion with the naming conventions because breeders had their own trade names for their pink snakes years ago. Nowadays, SnakeSmithS is correct and most breeders follow that convention.

When a Corn has one copy of RF, it is usually slightly pink, and we typically call it a "Coral". When a corn has 2 copies of the RF mutation, it can be intensely pink and we usually refer to that as a "Salmon". Enjoy your new cutie :).
Oh thank you so much for that clarity! That makes more sense now 🥰 I'm not too sure if he has 2 copies of the RF mutation or just one. But the pink snakes I've seen from this breeder are beautiful. The picture of the mom I've seen it's in bad lighting but you can tell she is pretty and has some blue halo rings on her as well 😄

He's lovely! There's definitely some confusion with the naming conventions because breeders had their own trade names for their pink snakes years ago. Nowadays, SnakeSmithS is correct and most breeders follow that convention.
Thank you! That makes more sense now 😄

Back