• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting back on track.

Kurogamii

Hello there! I'm finally trying to get myself back into snake mode and off of, play Wii all day and skateboard mode. I finally got some new shelves and organization areas and I am cleaning off my desk. I have found it's a great place to put my 10 gallon tank for my future snakey. Of course I'll need to find a place to put my 20 gallon when he gets older but we'll get to that road when it comes.

Right now my current goal is to get this cleaned off: It looks small but it's not as small as it looks in that pic.
001-10.jpg

And put this on it: It fits like perfectly. (lol I'm aware I need to clean all the paper and dust out of it, I'm just planning.
002-6.jpg

Also I'm going to rearrange my plug in strips so I have more plug ins and I need to find a safe place for my wii. :D I'm in clean up mode today.

I'll brb later! I'm going to chat with my mum a bit and tell her that I have enough money for the snake, maybe the heating pad and quite a few months of pinkys. Maybe she'll finally agree and help me a bit, even if she doesn't I'll just wait a bit until babysitting money starts racking up.

That's pretty neat how it fits right in the shelving unit! Once you instal the heatpad make sure it has enough circulation though so the tank does get a temperature gradient and so that the heatpad doesn't break.

Aside from that...how is mario kart? :p

I just got screamed at for 35 mins about how she doesn't want the snake in the house. She has no good reason besides the cat will eat it, which will in no way happen since the cats can't get in my room and I won't just throw the snake on the floor around the cats and let them pounce on it..

I'm kinda mad....

That does suck. But you really should respect your mothers wishes if you are still living in her house. I am 29 (and living with mom for a few more months) and before I purchased my snakes I discussed it with her. She even named my lavender, Aquarius, and is starting to take a small interest. Which is good on her, she is terrified of snakes.

That's a shame :( Is she afraid of snakes? Maybe she has a hidden (or not?) fear of snakes? I wouldn't know x)
But, I doubt your cats would eat the snake. I have three cats myself and none of them have any interest in my snake. And one of those cats is constantly bringing home little animals :[ I guess it's because that they aren't familiar with what the snake is or what it's capable of so they stay away. Who knows.
You should try having an adult conversation with her about the snake. Inform her of how you'll be taking care of it, how it'll be housed and fed and don't forget to inform her of all the greatness that comes along with owning such an amazing creature :)
My mom was opposed to me owning a snake at first as well but she soon warmed up and let me have one. Though I had to pay all the expenses, which I had no problem with, but still.
Anyway, good luck with you, your mom and hopefully your new snake!

Back