• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting my corn out of its enclosure.

babe101

:shrugs: I am a new owner of my first corn snake. Which is my first snake ever owning. How do i know when I do not need to get him/her out of the enclosure. He has been pretty easy to get out but I don't know when he don't want to come out and just wants to be left alone?

I am in the same boat as you; I only received my corns about 1-2 weeks ago.

I make sure not to handle them at least 24-48 hours after they have been fed. Other than that, I make sure to handle them at least once a day. I find that they are normally "sleeping" during the day, so I guess I am waking them up.

As for the wanting to be left alone: I suppose that he'll either put up with it, or take matters into his own hand (erm, scales) and give you a thrashing.

I dunno, but I'm sure someone here will pop in and give some more/better info! :wavey:

Handling

:) Thanks so much! I just got my corn Saturday. And I didn't really handle it except for getting him out of his box and then I waited until sunday to get him out. And I fed him sunday night and left him alone after that! So far he has not tried to snap at me and he seems like he doesn't mind I just wanted to know if they had their way of showing they didn't want to come out.

cornsnakes are very hardy, and i find usually they dont care too too much about being picked up. If they really dont want to be picked up the chances of him snapping at you are next to none. My Corn usually just really squirms away when he doesnt want to be picked up, but if i show him whos boss, he usually calms down within a minute or two. Very hardy, happy animals!

Back