• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting ready to shed. Feed?

OzzysMom

Ozzy is getting ready to shed. His eyes just stated looking a little cloudy yesterday.

This will be the first time he sheds since I got him.

I have 2 questions........

Do I still try to feed him during this time? He has been in his hide for a week and I don't think he is interested, but I have not tried.

How long does it usually take from this point for him to shed?

Thanks in advance!

Suzie

You could try feeding him, some corns will eat when blue others wont. You might notice your snake go clear again, they usually shead 2-3 days after this.

He was hungry.

Thanks for your response. I fed him today. He didn't hesitate at all........HE WAS ON THAT MOUSE (frozen) IN SECONDS!

I have always fed my corns when they are in the blue (IF they want to eat, which most of them do) and have never had problems. Just with the little ones I usually feed them something slightly smaller. :)

I probably will never feed my snake when it goes blue ever again after my last incident.

I fed him and 2 days later he started to shed and he was too fat to get his old skin off. He regurged the meal so that he could get the rest of the skin off and he hasn't been the same since. He regurged almost every meal after that initial problem and I've since asked the guys at the pet shop to see if they could get him to eat again. I don't think they were successful as they offered to do a fair trade on the snake 2 weeks after I bought it in.

Just my thoughts on it.

i've had corns shed in their feeding bin, after eating.
if after 2 days there was still that big of a bulge that he couldn't shed i'd want to know what you fed and what temps his cage was at.

if after 2 days there was still that big of a bulge that he couldn't shed i'd want to know what you fed and what temps his cage was at.

I've also had corns shed immediately after feeding. Daire has really good timing re eating and shedding. My little Sunglow is the only one that has turned up her snot at a feed prior to shedding. I'm hoping she won't do it again.

I must agree with this, if, after two days, the bulge in the snake is that large, chances are the snake would've regurged regardless of being in shed or not.

Back