• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Give us your best shopping/bargains for corn snakes accessories

smigon

Old enough to know better
I love sharing my bargains with people, so here are a few I have found and not just week long sales (those are welcome too!) so if you have found some websites with great prices let us in on the secret.

-Yellow digital thermometers or Black or Yellow thermometers. These come with readings in both F and C, just slide the button over. They are almost always around $2 each with free shipping and since some are from Hong Kong they may take a few weeks to get, but at this price you can stock up - they are cheaper than the price of the replaceable batteries!

These are on eBay all the time but once in a while they run out of them on the eBay countdown and relist them. At the top of the page it will direct you to where the new listing is or you can do a search for them.

Zilla lid clips

I have searched for these and I couldn't find any under $3/pair until last night. These are $1.50/pair, a good stock up item!

Attachments

• thermometer.jpg
    thermometer.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 124
  • FreshAirNon-LockingScreenClips.jpg
    FreshAirNon-LockingScreenClips.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Dollar type stores are a boon for snake accessories!! I get all of my juvenile hides there. They're just 3 packs of plastic bowls for a dollar. Work great! Easy to clean, do their job, and just 33¢ a pop.

Here's a shot of them in use with a BP hatchling, but they're great for any snake of appropriate size:

file_zps6e82a424.jpg

Expanding on Matthew's post, I buy those round, black, oil-drain pans from the auto-parts store. They come in different sizes, and make great hides for larger snakes. I've bought them on sale for $5 each, compared to over $20 for commercial hides. And being round, they fit coiled snakes very well, lol!

Kathy

I bought the black version of that digital thermometer on Amazon for ~$5 each, so that is a really good deal!

Right??? Everyone needs them, and I can't see paying that much for them so I found the eBay site for them. You may have to change sellers every few months if they run out, but for 2 years I have been able to find them at this price.

Blue Apple, I have been meaning to go into the new dollar store in our town, everyone here raves about the bargains, I just need to get up and do it!

always check the thrift stores! i got a 40 gallon tank, complete with light, cover and hood for 20 bucks. i've got it set up as fish tank right now, but it'd be fine for a grown snake.

Yesterday I picked up an Exo terra small amapallo vine for $2.99 at Petsmart. I don't know if this is a sale, but nothing in pet store reptile plant decor costs under $3. Most places this same thing is $5 or more. Needless to say, my viv is adorned with the vine now.

I love our Dollar Tree for this type of stuff. I just got a large dog dish from them, cut a hole in part of the base(and sanded the cut edge for safety) for my snake to go in to hide, so it's now a double duty item...she can drink from it or soak in it, and then hide under it as well. A roll of wrapping paper became the tank background, and a bunch of silk leaves got adhered to a sanitized rock using aquarium sealant I had on hand. So the Viv got decorated nicely and for just $3! I love my dollar store!!

I got a really cool driftwood piece off of BigAlspets.com that was less then half of what Petco charges. If you watch for the sales they have some pretty good prices for accessories.
Petco is also having their dollar per gallon sale on tanks right now. They do it a couple of times throughout the spring.

I got a really cool driftwood piece off of BigAlspets.com that was less then half of what Petco charges. If you watch for the sales they have some pretty good prices for accessories.
Petco is also having their dollar per gallon sale on tanks right now. They do it a couple of times throughout the spring.

Do you have a link?

Back