• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

giving up

steve-00

so for the 2nd time this year some how both bye baby corn snakes got out (such a nice surprise after a good day:blowup:) and im unable to find them, i guess my temporary cage wasnt good enough and theyed showed me that, idk what im goin to do with the viv im building, its almost done and now its pointless =''( im so mad at myself, and im not trying to rase snakes for a very long time if ever again, this type of thing happens way to often to me, ah so upset

That's terrible, I feel horrible for you right now. Don't give up though, they just might surface at any point, and even if they don't you should still pursue raising snakes.
Back when I had only a few snakes one died, she was my second snake ever, a beautiful Amel Stripe that I got at Petco. I was so distraught when she passed, and it was a very disheartening time. I thought it was all my fault, and questioned getting anymore snakes out of the fear that one might die again. It's been over 3yrs, and she was still the only snake I've lost. Accidents happen, and some things are destined to happen. But you clearly have a passion for wanting to raise snakes, and don't let this setback dictate whether you pursue keeping snakes or not.

Cheer up, continue building your viv, and they just might turn up soon. But either way, Don't Give Up!!!

Don't give up on keeping snakes. Do more research into escape proof housing, there's plenty of info on here. Finish your viv, make sure it's sealed and there are no little gaps where a baby can get out. You can make a enclosure that will work. Just don't give up.

Escapes happen to everyone (and if someone says they've never had one, it's just not their turn yet). All we can do is to try to learn from them to prevent them from happening again. There is a reason that every care sheet on corn snakes mention how good they are at escaping! Don't give up hope. You'll find many threads on escaped snakes that are found days, weeks, months and even years later! I haven't given up on the 2 escapees in my house yet!

Escapes happen to everyone (and if someone says they've never had one, it's just not their turn yet). All we can do is to try to learn from them to prevent them from happening again. There is a reason that every care sheet on corn snakes mention how good they are at escaping! Don't give up hope. You'll find many threads on escaped snakes that are found days, weeks, months and even years later! I haven't given up on the 2 escapees in my house yet!

Probably one of the best threads I have seen posted all week.

Too, too true!

Back