• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Gladiator

pinupgrl

Well, after looking and looking for a good progression thread on a snow motley, I've decided I would like to do one for myself since I couldn't find one that I liked. Plus, it gives me a place to brag about his cuteness! So here's the start and I'll do my level best to keep it updated on the off chance someone actually decides to follow his progress.

I ordered Gladiator from vmsherp.com

Snow Motley, 100% het Caramel & 66% het Dilute (I really have no idea what this means, maybe someone can enlighten me. I'm sure it has something to do with genetics. And perhaps it may be important to those interested in breeding)

Male
Hatched: 8/3/10

After an overnight ride to Grand Junction Colorado Gladiator got front seat treatment with the FedEx man who brought him out to Moab, Utah for me. Here he is the first day letting him into his new home:

ddjpj4.jpg

Five days later I took him out quickly to feed him his first pinky with me (he looks a little like a gummy worm in the first one):

5exz85.jpg

15yyvc6.jpg

I fed him one more time and then let him settle another couple days (12 days total) before I handled him for the first time. He was strong, alert, active and not in the least bit frightened. We has no musking, biting, striking or hissing so I'm assuming he's going to be pretty chill. I was very impressed with the strength this tiny little guy had! Please forgive my hand, I was in a car accident a year ago and almost lost it so it's a little ugly.... the snake however would make anyone's hands look beautiful!

256yzqs.jpg

2ai1vnr.jpg

5km3xl.jpg

25fivsz.jpg

I honestly think I am in love!!

Very nice snow motley, you couldn't have picked a better breeder for your corn purchase, Sean at VMSherp has great animals. The numbers mean that he/she is heterozygous (he doesn't show the gene but if bred to another) he would produce some caramel babies and there is a chance bred with another with the dilute gene that they would produce some dilute babies.
Congrats
John

Beautiful!

That is a very handsome snake! I've always loved snows and he just proves why! I would love to see updates on this little guy! :)

John - Thank you for that information, that is probably the most straight forward answer I've seen and definitely cleared up a little of my confusion. I'm glad to hear that I picked a good breeder, he was very helpful and easy to work with.

Momo - Thank you! I think he is a hunk I love him! I will definitely keep this updated.

He's adorable! It's very easy to fall in love with a snake. I have several snakes from Sean! Moab- I'm jealous! I love that area!!

Gladiators First Shed with me!!

I am so excited! I woke up this morning and Gladiator had shed in the night. It was a complete shed (I ripped it in half getting it out of the cage...grrrr) and he looks just great! He's eating like a champ and I'm so proud of him. Sorry the pictures are so grainy, I really need a new camera!

2hzdps.jpg

288vyqc.jpg

ifqxwl.jpg

rhj0gp.jpg

kbsl1i.jpg

2sajjus.jpg

Back