• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Golden Corn update (at last)

BlueKing

Sorry for my extended period of inactivity. Yes, I'm still alive and so is the project!!! It has been a loooong time, but it has been busy for me AND my wife....Enough of that, lets talk snakes:
All of my female golden corn hets and the original female finished laying their eggs as of yesterday....Well, out of four hets plus the original golden corn (five females), I have 37 eggs. Unfortunately not all of them look fertile (according to my wife). She thinks about 10 of them are infertile due to their coloration/shape/size... But at least I have SOME fertile eggs this year! So I'm happy....
If some of you may remember - last year was a disaster as my son got a little careless (with consolidated cage cleaning) and mixed up the marked/sexed individuals which resulted in pairs of females and pairs of males being put together. This resulted in ZERO fertile eggs last year and one peed-off individual!
I hope to get some pix of the eggs from my wife very soon!!!
I am still stuck in Afghanistan, but I have to admit, my son and wife have done a great job so far in my absence considering that I STILL have a good sized collection!

Zee

I was just thinking about the Golden Corn the other day- I think someone had a snake that sort of looked like her so yours got resurected. Glad to hear you have some eggs on the ground! I hope there are interesting results!! Who are you breeding the original to?

I have bred to original to her largest male offspring in order to get (hopefully) a few more golden corns. I only have two other golden corns, but they are not big enough to breed until maybe next year.... Once I have a few more, then I will start breeding them to other corns

Zee

I have bred to original to her largest male offspring in order to get (hopefully) a few more golden corns. I only have two other golden corns, but they are not big enough to breed until maybe next year.... Once I have a few more, then I will start breeding them to other corns

Zee

Thanx 4 the update. That's was one good looking snake. Hope you are
successful in hatching more of those. Please update as often as possible.

Thank you too for your service as well. Stay safe over there my man.

so I am newly joined as of earlier this year and I thought my eyes were gonna pop out of my head when I saw "goldencorn" in all her glory. I know time is in high demand and short supply but you know how we love pictures. could we see some updated pics of the original and yearlings? again, as repeated before, thank you!

Well you got me sitting on the edge of my seat waitting for the updated pictures!!! :dancer::dancer:

That's for the update. And good luck with them eggs too.

more pics! Please!!

No words to express how I like that snake! MUST HAVE!! Even if is just a pr of hets.
Yes, we do need updated pics here. An original pic in the thread mentioned doesn't show up anymore I guess. Rich Hume offered an Amber Blood for sale briefly that had a kinda similiar metallic look I knew I liked.
Whatever the genetic makeup of yours(is it caramel-based you think?), That is a Seriously Beautiful Animal. Hope it is reproducible and best luck with them!!!

I just looked at the original pics. OMG! That was a wild caught snake???!!!!!!! ( I LOVE golden things! ) That is incredible! How much for the babies???? ( Probably outta my price range. I'll have to wait until that shade is not so rare. ) But man o man! I want! PLEASE take really good care of that individual. That snake's get just got added to my bucket list!

Please take care over there. We all want you back safe and sound. My sister spent a lot of time over there as an imbedded reporter. The things she saw! The old saying is right. Freedom is not free.

Devon

Thank you all! I will make my best attempt at sweet-talking the wife in to taking some pics for me very soon. I'm sure she will in the near future, but if not, there IS a good chance that I will be home for a couple of weeks next month, and if I am, I WILL DEFINITELY take some more pics and post them!

Zee

I look forward to watching this unfold. That original female is gorgeous. Keep trying to reproduce them I personally think it is worth it!

Oh wow. That is a drop-dead gorgeous animal! I've heard about this project, but I somehow missed the photos before. I need one of those to breed to my Artephius! Best of luck with the project. Kudos to your wife and son for breeding the snakes without you around. I can't see my hubby doing that, lol!

Thanks for the update, and thank you more for what you're doing for our country.

Back