• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Good Shed

GregF

After 8 days during which we never saw him out of his hide, Slithers had a good shed. No, dare I say it, a great shed! He started moving around in his hide this morning and after about 20 minutes, came out and crawled across his viv, leaving this behind:

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

Since this was our first experience with shedding, it was hard to tell when he was in blue (he's amel) but now the contrast is so great that I don't think we'll have that trouble next time. We didn't have a moist hide for him but we kept his humidity at 50-60% using plastic wrap laid on top of his viv and misting when it dropped below that (it's dry here - room humidity 20-25%).

After shedding, he took a long drink and climbed fully into his water bowl, something we've not seen him do before. I'm sure he's hungry but unfortunately, he's on a fast and being treated with Nutri Bak after having regurgitated his last two meals. He'll get fed again this weekend. Having gone through that little bit of trauma, it's nice to have something go well.

Congratulations on the shed! Lots of my guys leave me a huge balled up thing with a tail on it.

Maizey gets her first post-regurge meal tonight. Plus I'm taking her fecal to the vet to see if, after four dewormings, she still has parasites. You can't believe how happy I was that she produced a big poo days after the regurge- must have been from the meal before.

Nanci

Nice shed. I hope your little guy gets better. :) Make sure the temps are good and he is stress free. Nutribac is great - saved my snake.

Back