• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got caught shedding! (video)

quixoft

So I came home from the grocery store to find one of my corns halfway through his shed. The great thing was that he was right at the front of the tank and in perfect view. I got video of the last third or so. Very cool to watch and below is the link on youtube.

He is a 2010 pewter from John at Colorado Corns so he's a bit over a year old and about 170 grams right now. His name is Odin.

Odin mid shed video.

Sorry for the poor video quality as it was my phone. But there are some pretty good shots of the shed skin peeling back off of him.

More fun! After my video I went and ran a couple errands and came back home and I went to pull the shed skin out of his vivarium. Well, the shed skin looked kind of dark and it looked like the tail section had exploded.

Well it just so happened that he started his shed in one of his aspen tunnels but finished outside of it in the front of his tank. He actually went back through his tunnels and back through his shed skin from 15 minutes previously! His head came out of the tail end of his shed! I've never seen that before from any of my corns. Crazy snake.

Pics below of him back inside his shed skin and some more of him completely out of it.

Hello!
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Back in my own skin!
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Finally all the way out!
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

That is so cool! Ive had snakes since 2005 and I still have yet to see any of them shed!

I love that first picture!

The pictures are hillarious! The second one looks like he's sticking his tongue out at you like a sassy kid. "Yeah, I'm back in here, whatcha wanna do about it!?"

Back