• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got everything set up, just need to find the corn

Jenn

After going on a ten year hiatus, I'm ready for a new corn snake. I want a ghost, but I can't find any at my local pet stores. Looking online it seems like the snakes I'm finding aren't meant for a person who is looking for a pet (e.g. prices are high because of hets, etc) I'd rather go get the snake myself than deal with shipping, I work a lot and am generally not home during the day when packages are delivered. Is there like a list of breeders by location? Or am I stuck hoping for a reptile expo in my small town, or continuing to hit up petsmarts?
Just wondering if there's any options I haven't explored yet?
Thanks!

This isn't an option you can explore for a few months, but remember there's a whole bunch of eggs just laid or about to be laid. In a few months there will be lots of baby snakes. Most of what I see for sale now are adult or "well started". They do cost more than babies. Considering where you are up by Eureka, I'm guessing your perfect corn snake will probably arrive via FedEx.

Also, post a wanted ad in the classifieds here and over at FaunaClassifieds. You may still be able to get a pet corn that hasn't been otherwise offered for sale or that you just haven't found yet. Be sure to check the Board of Inquiry over at FaunaClassifieds to check out the seller pre-purchase.

Here's a list by location, http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140048 . It's not complete of course. If you want something basic, local is just fine. If you want something more "special", you may need to go to a show or ship. Shipping can often be done to your home or office. Local pet stores are usually a lot more expensive than private breeders, so even with shipping you might make out the same.

Back