• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Gram Scale

kensei

Hi, I noticed with most feeding plans (i.e. Munson), you need to know the weight of the snake in grams. I went to Walmart today looking for a gram scale but I wasn't able to find one. I live in Toronto, Canada and I was wondering where I could pick one up without having to resort to ordering online. Thanks in advance.

Resort to ordering online?

I think the other way around, resort to going to a store. I buy most things online, I HATE going to stores. :grin01:

Make sure to get one that goes up to at least 2 kilos. The little drug weighing ones they sell at head shops are usually too small for what you want to use it for.

Ordering one online will almost certainly be cheaper. Check Ebay, there are a lot of good deals on digital scales there.

We bought ours at Target, in the cooking section for 20 bucks. Digital and works just fine.

I'm going out on a limb here - I'll wager that the person who started the thread about whether it's alright to blow THC smoke towards your snake knows where to get a gram scale. :grin01:

As mentioned, Target and any of the office supply stores should have scales in stock. Just make sure there's a "tare" feature, or <gasp!> you'll have to do math. ;)

regards,
jazz

I purchased my scale at a cooking store, but if you are not in a hurry to get it, online would probably be the cheapest. I wanted mine that same day. Good luck finding one, scales are great to monitor growth rate and essential when starting to breed females.

This is what we have. Bought it at Target for $30.00. Do not do what I did and try an analog scale first, they just aren't sensitive enough for snake weighing

I don't know if there are Targets in Canada, but Amazon sells it too.

eBay has a good selection of scales.

Degrees is in Toronto though I don't know if it's near you.

Once we got a scale I found myself weighing the snakes nearly every time I handle them. Hehe

I also bought mine on line from ebay. 5lb capacity, it's great I LOVE IT.
Cheaper than I could have gotten a scale that big in the stores.

I live in the GTA. Homesense has them in the kitchen section. probably about 25-35 bucks, works great.

thanks for all the replies!~
i didn't want to order online b/c it would take at least a week to get here and i didn't want to wait.
i'll definately check out some closeby cooking shops, homesense, and linen n things tmrw!
thanks again.

Back