• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Green motley striped snow

cornking

This female was born from a green blotched snow and a motley snow.

Attachments

• motley striped snow.JPG
    motley striped snow.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 417
Very nice! I have produced a couple Motleys with a single narrow dorsal stripe like that from head to tail, but they were not green. Usually, the striping on Motleys is irregular, but for some reason the completely striped ones can be just like this.

Wow
that's a very nice looking snow striped...and taht lime green on it is just amazing~

Wow~~
Super nice looking snake~

I,ve seen this snake for real a couple of days ago and i can assure you all that his real colors are way more stunning than the picture!!!

It's a nice snake...but it looks like it's a corn x king hybrid. Will you post pics of its parents?

Well...I don't know for certain (obviously), but the striping just looks more like that of a Cali King as opposed to a corn. I also think the head looks a bit different from a "pure" corn.

As I said, I could be way off base. I am not one to typically jump on the hybrid topic, but that one simply looks different to me.

That is what I thought. I didn’t want to put words in your mouth. I certainly can see your point about the striping. Striped California Kings do look just like that.

I have produce two Motleys with a stripes exactly like that and I have seen a photo of another one this year. It was a Striped Lav Motley. They just popped up in my Motley line with irregular partial striping that were from the original line of Motleys. When I bred one of these “Cal. King” Striped Snow Motleys to an irregular Striped Motley all I got was partial irregular striping. I have always thought that this type of striping was a freak of nature, but could be some type of recessive mutant gene as well or additional gene.

I am in no way saying your questions is invalid. I can certainly see how a similar snake could be made with a Striped Cal. King. I would love to see the parents of these guys too.

That's why I wanted to see pics of the parents. I just haven't ever seen full body, "thin" striping like that on a corn. I'd love to see the pics of yours Joe.

Back