• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Greetings, from me and Thorne

Thuri

Hello, all. I joined earlier this month, after being bit by the corn bug, and have been lurking until I had something useful or interesting to say. :)

And now I do! After doing a lot of reading online--the FAQs here are amazing, and thank God for the search fucntion!--and buying and devouring Cornsnakes in Captivity by Don Soderberg, I went to a Bird and Reptile show today here in San Jose, and came home with Thorne.

thorne.jpg

He's 27 grams, and I'm honesty not sure how long, as after weighing him, I put him straight in his home not to be bothered anymore by me for the next week or so. The person I bought him from said he was on fuzzies, and has been a good eater since he hatched. And I got to watch him sexed, which was cool, as I pegged him for male before he was popped. Thank you again, forum!

Here's his home the day I set it up, though it has another hide now, of course, and a better thermometer. Just didn't want to bug him with the flash anymore to get another view!
thorne's%20home.jpg

I'm very excited about my first ever snake, and looking forward to him getting used to being here, and getting to know me! And, of course, I'm already planning what I want next. Lavender? Blizzard? There are so many choices, and so little room in my apartment...

Welcome! Its such a pleasure to know SOME people use the search feature for its intended purpose - to help answer any and all questions.

Beautiful little normal you bought, and a great setup! You really did your homework.

The seach function was wonderful! Every time I got the urge to post a question, I'd check, and sure enough, someone else had answered it. Usually five or six times!

And I didn't want to post until my questions were new ones, at least. ;)

And thank you! He's very pretty, I think. I really love the reds and oranges of the normals and okeetees.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!!! Glad you enjoy it here. Also, he is a great looking snake, very nice vibrant colors. You have to tell us what your next snake will be. :)

Back