• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Greetings from Windy Rochester!

hydrargyra

Snake Witch
Hey! My name is Mercury or Merc; I'm a college student living in Rochester, NY. I'm strictly a pet owner- I've only ever had one corn snake, but I've had him for the past thirteen years!
tumblr_inline_o4z0rd1h1T1qhuxg2_540.png

His name is Toothy! He was my first pet- I loved snakes as a kid and got him as a birthday gift. Fortunately, my mom did not make me take full responsibility for his care on my own, as I was pretty young at the time. I didn't start learning more about snake husbandry until more recently, but I'm very glad I did! I think I've managed to improve his quality of life quite a bit. We originally housed him in a glass tank, then moved him to a RUB when he got larger, and finally upgraded to an Animal Plastics T8.
Here he is in his current setup!
tumblr_inline_o4z0szhYdX1qhuxg2_540.png

The fake plants were a recent addition, but I think they were a good move- he doesn't always use his hides, and they give him more coverage when he wants to be more spread out. He was very interested in them when I first put them in!
tumblr_inline_o4z0tbsnxL1qhuxg2_540.png

I don't know if I'm going to get more corns- I'd really like to get a ball python when I have the money and the space- but I'm very happy to have Toothy in my life. I'm excited to meet you all and I hope I have a good time at this forum!

Hi! Welcome to the forum! What a great story, it's really awesome that you have had such a great companion animal as part of your upbringing!
~Beau

Glad you are here. :wavey:

Toothy is beautiful. Love his color. Sounds like he's living large in that AP T8!

I know what you mean about learning better husbandry. I keep learning here, but the information that we have now is so much better than what I had 30+ years ago when we had a family garter snake. At that time all we had to go by was what they told us at the pet store. :(

Welcome to the forum. And welcome to the area!
Toothy looks very happy in his redecorated digs.

Back