• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Grown out of pinkies?

CopperCornsnake

To me, 'normal' is weird
My 2 1/2 yr old female corn, Copper, seems to be doing alright with pinkies, but should she be eating something bigger?

I mean..I'm no expert..but How many are you feeding her?! Why on earth havn't you moved up a size(or 2!) yet?

Well...She's my first snake and I bought her as a young'un... I was told to feed pinkies so I did (for maybe a little too long). I never thought about it. I feel kinda bad now.

Wow! If she's that old she should be eating mice. Of course if she's only been fed pinkies, she probably isn't that big. I would start feeding her a couple of fuzzies and see how she does. If all goes well after a few feedings, move her to hoppers. You need to gradually get her to the adult mouse stage. :cheers:

Got any pics of her?

Last edited:
*cough* yeah from reading all these other posts I would agree she is kind of small. *Bangs head on desk reapeatedly* so stupid... Please excuse me while brew for a moment. Okay. I don't have any pics right now, but I think I can get one Wensday. so...stupid....duh.....

CopperCornsnake said:
*cough* yeah from reading all these other posts I would agree she is kind of small. *Bangs head on desk reapeatedly* so stupid... Please excuse me while brew for a moment. Okay. I don't have any pics right now, but I think I can get one Wensday. so...stupid....duh.....
Don't be so hard on yourself, learn from mistakes and grow. I made plenty when I started out :cheers:

We all learn. :) I don't know if underfeeding is as bad as overfeeding, but as long as she is healthy she should start catching up to what she should be. One thing you will want to be sure of is to move up slowly, since if she's just been eating pinks she won't be big enough to handle a mouse. If she's eating 2-3 pinks, try her with as small a fuzzy as you can find, and be sure to cut the skin on the back. It will help with digestion. If she keeps it down, great! Then you can slowly move up the size of the fuzzies until it's time to move her to hoppers. Just remember, the food should be no wider than 1.5 times the widest point of your snake.

Good luck!

I am forever in debt to you guys... If I had ever tried to breed her :bang: .I'll be sure to heed to your suggestions. :cheers:

Back