• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Guillotine-style door

Discordia

Cute Overload
I like the idea of having a front-opening viv rather than a top-opening because it just seems friendlier than God yanking you out from the sky. I was originally going to have a hinged door that could fold back over the top (out of the way), but then was struck by inspiration to make a guillotine-style door so it can't be pushed open by the snake. Then I found that Exo Terra makes that kind of door already, but I want a glass/acrylic/plexiglass door rather than a screen.

Exo Terra's Screen Cover
screen_cover_open.jpg

I'm stuck at where to find the track. Home Depot only has the "J" shaped tracks for medicine cabinets.

Exo Terra Screen Cover tracks
ftrack.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

You could get two of the J-shaped tracks and bolt/glue/weld/whatever them together.

Something like this:

-------|
------| |
| |
| |

(Sorry-- that's the best I can do in text!)

Nope, that text picture attempt didn't work at all.

What I meant was to sort of nest the two angled brackets together to create the "F" shape you're looking for. It's not as tidy as a single-piece bracket, but would work fine and even look kind of fancy....

I think I see what you mean. Hmm...can you weld aluminum? lol. I don't know how I"m going to weld it anyway. I have epoxy, if that would work the same.

U.S. plastics has the pieces you're looking for, I ordered several sizes and types because of the different types of cages I have, have'nt had a problem yet

The US Plastics website is HUGE. You're gonna have to give him a direct link or a hint on what to search for....

I looked around the US Plastic website and couldn't find the tracks. Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot?

I just buying the premade door and replace the screen since it might end up being more expensive to make it lol.

Back