• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

*gulps* I've joined the "furry-8-legged" group!!!

JenC

Missin her snakes
This is my new Tarantula, of course, a Rosehair:) Shes very docile, but i havent tried picking her up *gags* I've only petted her with tongs and she was very calm. I LOVE the pink highlights:) I'm sure this one is only the FIRSt of MANY:) Havent got a name for it either, anyone got ideas???

HPIM5780.jpg

HPIM5781.jpg

HPIM5782.jpg

As most of you know, Spiders and Crickets are on the TOP of my "greatest fears" list! So i'm hopeing that I can slowly overcomb some of my fear by starting out with this rosie. If I do well, does anyone have any other "beginer" tarantulas that they would recomend for me? I already want a Mexican Red Knee, but i DO want to get another, im open to ANYTHING docile..that doesnt look like a "spider" (i can do tarantulas..they are colorful and fluffy:))... Wow im retarded...LOL

I love her :) I saw some today and I thought "ooo wouldn't you look purdy in my spare 10G".

I'm also terrified of spiders so I started with scorpions... Beautiful fascinating creatures with some spidery attributes, however they are unable to climb up glass, something im overjoyed about.

Why not get a scorpion or two? Every 3rd meal of theirs is crix, but I usually feed loctusts occasionally dusted with calcium powder. I won't touch a cricket but i'll sit and play with the locusts all day :)

Cuz idk, scorprians...IIIICK picnhers and ick ick ick...

Thanks Elle:) I was thinking of feeding this girl/guy pinky mice on occasion so i dont have to deal as much with crickets..lol

Locusts..EWWWWW!!

Do you ever pick up your scorpians elle? i think your rose hair is just lovely, can i just feed them pinkies all the time? because after those geckos i am done with bugs!!

cornsnakekid92 said:
Do you ever pick up your scorpians elle? i think your rose hair is just lovely, can i just feed them pinkies all the time? because after those geckos i am done with bugs!!

I have picked one up once, but it was a hesitant move on my part. It was only to move it into a tub whilst I cleaned the tank. I wouldnt let them roam about on me, I have seen how fast they can move! :cry:

*gulps* I've joined the ''furry-8-legged'' group!!!

And ''the dark side'' claims yet another innocent victim.:grin01:

I'd love to get an emperor scorpion. Handled those at the reptile show and they are COOL!! Love the tarantulas too! Yours is gorgeous!

Thank you Meg:) I think you should definately get a scorp! I think every person should have SOME kinda of 6-8 legged critter in their collection:)

Thanks PureNightAir, if its like an outdoor spider with no hair long legs and weird colors it freaks me out..tarantulas i can deal with i guess..LOL

desertanimal said:
For a second, your title reminded me of Kafka's Metamorphosis and I was going to mourn for you. ;)

LOL!

So how do u know if ur corn is Male or Female? I love snakes but i dont really nknow that much about them ! And please give me some suggestions for a name! thanks! :crazy02:

So how do u know if ur corn is Male or Female? I love snakes but i dont really nknow that much about them ! And please give me some suggestions for a name! thanks!

thought we were discussing the tarantula?

Dan13 said:
So how do u know if ur corn is Male or Female? I love snakes but i dont really nknow that much about them ! And please give me some suggestions for a name! thanks! :crazy02:

please dont hijack others threads! thanks! :nope:

I've been drooling over the e-spider website for more than a year. We just got our first eight legged baby this weekend from a local breeder, a Mexican red knee. I want a bloodleg, too. Red knees are known for being very docile, but obviously no tarantula is a "grab and go" kind of pet. I don't plan to handle it much, if at all.

Why not Fluffy for name? Silly, but fitting.

I can handle a lot. Snakes, lizards, turtles, even hamsters(kinda smelly but ok) but spiders, NO WAY!!!!!!! Congratulations however on your new pet. :cheers:

dionythicus said:
I've been drooling over the e-spider website for more than a year. We just got our first eight legged baby this weekend from a local breeder, a Mexican red knee. I want a bloodleg, too. Red knees are known for being very docile, but obviously no tarantula is a "grab and go" kind of pet. I don't plan to handle it much, if at all.

Why not Fluffy for name? Silly, but fitting.

I've been DYING for a M. Red Knee! Does the local breeder have a website??? How is your baby so far?

OMG *freaks out* I held her tonight!!!! With thick leather gloves.. BUT I STILL DID IT!!! i feel special:) And as soon as i put her back she tried to get out again on me, i think she enjoys being out, shes soo awesome!

25iajrd.jpg

Back