• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

H A P P Y H E R P....your input needed

pdrau

H A P P Y C O R N....your input needed

I had an idea to try to help new people like myself remember all the things our wonderful corn snakes need to thrive, so I came up with this. It's just a start, but you'll get the idea. Feel free to make suggestions to make it better.

Heat source
Aspen bedding
Pinkies to start
Place to hide
Your attention

Can eat larger food items
Order frozen rodents
Read the Corn Snake Manual!
Never forget fresh water

Peter

Made it corn specific in honor of the great site Rich has provided for us! Thanks Rich!

Last edited:
Mnemonic devices always help me out remembering info for tests. Great idea. I always forget things and surely something like that would help me remember.

wow I am impressed, and you covered every thing except the corn snake manual. Hmm now to try to figure out where that would fit it. Although it is great the way it is too!! Excelent idea!!!

great job!! I must admit I do like this one better, and you cover everything that there is. Now if you could just add a pic to it you might be able to win the logo contest with that!! Just another idea. Anyway I love it!! AWESOME JOB!!

Hmmmm....I wish I had enough corns to make some kind of pic like the back of the Corn Snake Manual....or even better something like the front with a bunch of morphs lined up. Anyone want to volunteer a pic?

I'll just put my idea here and let Rich decide.

C O R N S N A K E . C O M

for a

Heat source
Aspen bedding
Pinkies to start
Place to hide
Your attention

Order frozen rodents
Never forget fresh water

Put the finished HAPPY CORN acronym over the background of either a writhing mass of corn morphs or a lined up background like the Corn Snake manual. Cornsnake.com is in all caps with cornsnake patterns filling each letter. Like the letter was made out of a corn snake. Each letter has a bold black outline. The "for a" is in a light solid color with a bold black outline. Happy Corn has the first letter of each statement boldly outlined with a solid light color. The following letters are slightly less bold with complimenting light fill color. The logo should be square.

Well, that's my idea. I'll read the post about the contest and send it there too. Just wanted to post it. I was thinking it would make a nice logo before you said anything, as you can see from the detail I've described here. :p

Peter

blah, it left justified cornsnake.com and "for a"...both would be centered on the logo.

alternatively could leave the words off and just put the acronym ...guess I better get crackin drawing this and scanning it in....can make a photo to match the drawing for the final in the unlikely event that I would win. :D

Last edited:
I can see you put a lot of insight into that. Feel free to use my pics of my zig's or any other of mine if you want. Or I can take more! But I only have 4 two of which are the same colors. So I might be that much help once again. The way you described that and with originality you should win. that is if you can get it all to look the way you talked about, but reguardless I love the modifications. And I am sure that I'll be seeing that on every post a "newbie" has!! Once again great job. hope to see it with some color next time!!

I sent Liz a pm asking her if I could temporarily use her "behold my corns" pic. I love that assortment she has. That pic is what gave me my original idea. Not to count neonates before the contest is won, but I'd gladly give a pair of babies from the pair to anyone who produced a pic that I could use according to what I described. :D If Liz lets me use her pic, I could make the background a light color or even take it off and float the words over the pic. Oh boy, the ideas are flowing now. GRRRRRRRR...I'm not going to get any sleep now. I was up until almost 4 am working on revising my personal web site...it's alread 1 am!!! Anyway, thanks for the kudos!

Peter

great idea

that pic of Liz's is perfect! Now if your really good you could use those cusor tracing letters that say "happy corn" like I see on a lot of web pages now. Sleep is what happens when the sun comes up! Err wait I work all night so I sleep all day, when I say work I sit in fron tof a PC and take help desk calls and spend the rest of my nights here. I don't know what i did before I found this forum..I am almost getting a visual of this now, oh man it will be perfect...

PS: what is the addy of your own web site?? I just like to check out pages all night. what can i say my job is boring!!

Re: H A P P Y C O R N....your input needed

pdrau said:
Heat source
Aspen bedding
Pinkies to start
Place to hide
Your attention

Order frozen rodents
Never forget fresh water

EXCELLENT idea! but remember once you get more than one, we need to think up an "S" (Happy Corns)... How about...

Shi.. ermm.. fecal tests every 6 mo! :D

If no one minds could i give this a bash??? could do with something to keep me busy :p

BU5T4 <---- thinks he is some sort of graphic designer hehehe

Back