• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hallelujah Fed at Last More questions Though

lfese1

Thanks to some helpful advise from this site my snake has fed for t he first time since we got him 3 weeks ago.

However, due to my inexperience with snakes I am not sure what the protocol is for a hatchling that has just eaten i.e. can they be handled, should I leave him for a while etc...

Thanks

Lee

congrats on getting your baby to eat. From everything I've read on here it would be best not to handle it for about 48 hrs after it fed. I'm happy you were able to get it to feed though... CONGRATS!

Thanks 48 hrs seems reasonable. You will not believe how happy I was, I was dreading telling my son that his beloved Chuck may have to be returned.

I am looking forward to seeing him grow.

Thanks Again

Lee

Your Welcome, and welcome to the forums. There are many more people who are MUCH more knowlegable the I, who may give you better advice but that is what I have followed from reading the forum here. BTW, for any questions you may have you may want to check out the FAQ section. There you will probably find most of your answers to any questions you may have. GOOD LUCK with your baby!

Everyone recommends you should wait at least 48hours after yout snake has fed before handling it again... i would like to add that it might be worth checking he has pooped (in the viv) before getting him out or you might end up with it all over yourself! Not nice! The extra stimulation of handling seems to encourage them to poop...theres a whole thread on it recently somewhere.

Sound Advice thanks, will definitly check the viv before handling.

Nanci - I was advised to leave him alone for 5 days, no handling etc... then feed him in a small container covered with a towel and leave for a mimimum of 2 hours with no peeking.

and it worked, I am so relieved.

Thanks Again to all the advice from this forum.

Back