• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Handfeeding

DeathCrest

sune-ku wa kawaii desu!!
I find this quite amusing. I started handfeeding my snake since i got it a month or so ago and for the past two weeks he amazed me. I simply put him in the critter box to feed because i had other things to do and he simply refused to eat. He would look at it and press his nose against it then would look up at me. I was worried so I picked him up and when offered he immediatly ate keeping a soft grip on my hand. I decided to put him back in the critter box and try to feed him a second one...again the same delemma and the same answer. This has been two weeks and going...I don't think i'll ever be able to do other things while he eats but watch lol. Did This ever happen to anyone else?

I feed some of mine by hand. Just watch your fingers. And if you get snapped, don't pull back. You can pull out the teeth and so harm the snake.

May it be your critter box is to cold and your hand is warm? Or perhaps you move the prey triggering a feeding responce with the snake? A think you might want to try is put something over the critter box to make it totally dark and secluded.
Be carefull he doesn't mistake your finger for desert :D

Heh, no he never aims for the fingers and I am carefull when i hand feed him. The critter box is usually warm and i still wiggle the pinky as if i would if i held him in my hand. Maybe he thinks that sitting in my hand is like a fancy restaurent..you know the cushy feeling things(fingers) to coil around and a nice heat...who knows! But i will be carefull and even if he would bite me i tend to have slow reflexes...hence the burns on my fingers from forgetting to put oven mits on...i only noticed five minutes afterwards and was waving my hands around saying " burns burns ouch ouch" lol
:wavey:

Never had mine do that, although they have eaten while still coiled around my hand. They definitely look for me to give them the mouse when I put them in their feeder boxes though. My aztec actually constricted for the first time today. I think it surprised her so much I had to close the blinds to make the room darker so she'd swallow it. She just put the head in her mouth and then sat there. I even grabbed a hold of it again to see if she was alive! She finally ate it. Weird critters!

Back