• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Handing a baby corn questions

Jordan32

Hey i just got my snow corn on sunday and I havent held him yet, other than moving him into a seperate container for feeding on monday, but kathy love says to wait for 3 days, however some care sheets/books say more like 5-7 days so any advice would be great thanks

I'm looking for some advice on this subject also and I'm bummed that there is no responses to your thread. I just posted it in a way that it may be more likely to get a response. Good luck with the new snake.

A week to settle in usually works just fine. Then again, the search button doesn't bite. If you are that impatient for answers, make an effort to find them.

Sorry

I wasn't being impatient. I apologize if it sounded that way. I just thought that my title would spark more debate. Kathy Love is very respected on the forums but in this case almost everyone on the forums consistently disagrees with her.

I've been searching for two days for the answer to this. I love the search button. I'm mostly a lurker and usually find answers on the forums. Today is three days and my whole reason for logging in this morning was to ask this question because Kathy Love would tell me to feed it tonight.

Before posting this, I saw that someone asked this question in this thread. From what I've seen, if a thread is going to become active, it happens that evening. I probably should have PMed Jordan. Thanks.

fxdwg said:
I wasn't being impatient. I apologize if it sounded that way. I just thought that my title would spark more debate. Kathy Love is very respected on the forums but in this case almost everyone on the forums consistently disagrees with her.

I don't think it's a case that people say Kathy is wrong - they just would personally give more than 3 days. Some people recommend a week. Some people say a whole month! It's one of those things you just play by ear - 3/4 days is the recommended minimum and however long you wait after that is entirely up to you.

Plissken said:
3/4 days is the recommended minimum and however long you wait after that is entirely up to you.

Thanks. Most people agree that after you do feed it (however many days you wait) that you then go to a normal 4 or 5 day schedule and start handling. Kathy says a one week schedule for three weeks and then drop down to 3-5 days and start handling. That's the only place I've seen something like that and I would ignore it if it wasn't from Kathy.

Back