• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

handling after eating...

Handling your snake right after feeding can cause undue stress and lead to possible regurgitation. My experience is that after about 48 hours, the digestion process is normally far enough along to allow handling again without fear of regurg.
Mark

yeah, you can prety much go by 48 hours- unless it is an abnormally large meal and or a nervous little hatchling.

ye i agree with 48 hours as a min. but personally i leave it longer as it tends to crap on me. if u really want to hold her then i will bathe her first in an attempt to stop her pooping on me!

I have 8 new hatchlings all from different people and I handle them a little immediately following eating. I want my snakes to be VERY comfortable being handled and trust me.

After one of them is done eating, I "spill" them from the feeding cup onto my hand where I handle them VERY gently for a little while. I have 8 youngin's that each ate 2 pinkies each, not a single regurge.

I think if you feed them less, and slowly work them into it you could briefly handle them...

I think it depends a lot on how much they ate, I used to get Akasha out 24 hours after feeding and no regurge, but now I wait at least 48 cos I feed her bigger meals, and I don't like it when she poops on me :p

Hey

If your snake has a very small meal, you can handle him/her about 12hr after feeding.
If its a normal sized meal, i would go by the 48hr rule.
And if its a very large meal and the snake didn't regurgetate, I would wait 3day till handling (mainly Hatchlings).

Cheers

Alex

Back