• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Handling Behaviour

KaliCorn

I have noticed with my corn snake - when I take the lid of the cage off to handle her she becoms quite jumpy and fast. If I leave my hand lying on the cage floor she does settle down more. She is also fine when handling - only jumpy if a sudden movement is made.

When it comes to putting her back in I just hold my hand in and let her get off. She usually slides straight off my hand slowly and her tail is normally wrapped around my finger, then points towards me as she leaves my hand. But once she is inside her cage again and I start putting her hides back she seems to go a bit freaky again and try and shoot off. Also if I go near her to pick her up she will become "scared" again even after the 30 mins handling.

shes scared mate shes not like dogs and cats they dont get used to you like they do

there islolated and very very scared of other animals and predators she is bound to be like that until the age is older

she's "freaked" by all the movement of your hands and the hides, maybe try to replace the hides while she is still in your care, the less movement in her "home" the quicker she'll become accustomed to you, the last thing she should remember after handling is slithering away from you to where she wants to go. I think Kathy Love said it best "end every session on a happy note".

Thats exactly how I felt after last nights handling. Things are going smoother each time and we are both becoming more confident. Now she climbs all over my head/face comfortably where before she just used to stare at my face for ages.

Back