• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Harvest Corn??

gnarhimself

http://www.snakesalive.co.za/designercorn.php
I found this site that's advertising a 'harvest corn'

The "harvest" corn snake. This snake is stunning! It is produced by mating a sunglow corn snake with a creamsicle corn. The product is a stunning snake with a bright orange background colour with bright red saddles.

I dont wanna get into the whole hybridization topic here,I'm not one for the hybrids...even though I have a creamsicle... :grin01:
I have never heard of this "HARVEST CORN" and wondering if perhaps its a different name in the states..
If anyone has a picture....that would be great..

:wavey:

Hi Serpwidgets..

Ya,agree with you totally about the name.I could understdand giving it a name if it resembled anything like its name sake:
eg. Blizzard = Whitish,Bloodred = Red...Butter = Yellow....
BUT what does this actually resemble...???
What a mess... :cry:

I'm not a hybrid person either.
With the variety of beautiful morphs available why make mutts?

starsevol said:
I'm not a hybrid person either.
With the variety of beautiful morphs available why make mutts?

AGREED 100%
Even though I do have an awesome creamsicle,it was a moment of weakness.. :sobstory:
:cheers:

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes said:
I am so confused. I was looking on that site and one picture there looks like a crimson......but they said it was hypomelanistic.....oiy

Crimsons are hypo's. :)

snake5007 said:
Crimsons are hypo's. :)
:bang: I had a moment of :lost brain syndrome" for a bit lol. I forgot a lot of morphs can be hypo....So....Mine is called rosy corn...is it just a normal with less colouring...I mean less black boarders? I really need those books on corn snake morphs. Lol

:rofl:
Dean you just made me spit poland spring on my keyboard!

My biggest problem with hybrids is labelling. After 20 generations who will remember what is what? And some hybrids look downright wierd.

I have 2 girls that might be rootbeers and I will never know for sure. They won't be bred again.

I know and that will help ALOT!
I still need to learn how to use my digital camera (my husband took Sangria's registration pic for me this morning) and figure out how to use the ACR site.

I think corns are *the* perfect animal....so to me, a creamsicle is only 50% perfect. Why mess with perfection?

Roy Munson said:
Hybrids are evil
For each one that you produce
God kills a kitten

Hilarious!! made my day - and I am glad I has swollowed my coffee before getting to this post!! I am going to print that out, with suitable Haiku style, and hang it in my snake room - beside all my 'hybrids'.

In my opinion the registry is the best solution to the hybrid/intergrade issue - those of us who choose to work with creamsicles and rootbeers will be able to accurately represent them here. People who are concerned about buying 'pure' corns will be able to buy from breeders who indicate that they produce pure corns.

thanks for the laugh Dean -

mary v.

Back