• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Maria

Our female is in her second year of laying.. so she has a little "experience" and so do we.

Last year, she laid 20 viable eggs in a 24 hour period. She stayed in her lay box until she was done. This year, she has the same "signs" as she did last year- except this year we recognized her body language and knew enough to get her lay box ready sooner. We put a lay box in for her and she went inside. She laid 2 small viable eggs on Thursday.... she looks very large still, has all her strength but hasn't laid another egg. Yesterday she shed, and has left her lay box 2-3 times a day to look around the room. I'm not too overly concerned, she isn't getting weaker, she just shed yesterday. But has anyone else had a big gap in the egg laying days? Has anyone else have a snake pause egg laying to shed, look around, etc?

P.S.: We bred her with the same male as last year, several times, each time was visibly successful.

Unfortunately...

I had that happen this year, and the snake was egg-bound. I hope that isn't true for your snake. Please keep us posted on how she does.

Definately sounds like an egg bound to me.

Hope that she's going to be alright for you~

Back