• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Has my poor Sidney got the squirts

sid the snake

MY poor Sid (3 year old corn) has started waiting till he is out having some slithering time, and then poo-ing black and white egg consistancy type horrible smelling liquid on my leg. I am hoping there may be a way to trigger him to poo before i handle him, I have tried using a damp towel for him to slither over first, though he still prefers to wait till he is on my leg before squirting me. I do not reward this behaviour by placing him back in his viv as i know that it would not help matters, Is there anything else i can try to get him to stop this activity? :puke02:

Daeraelle said:
Wait until after he poops to handle him?

Warm bath?

Was the warm bath for me or him? Me yes, him No, lol I tried to get him to have a slither about in the bath, with a little water at one end, he refused to go near the water and just avoided it altogether, also the warm damp towel, he just enjoyed his little personal sauna so much that he didn't want to get off it!

I have had this happen to me it's so gross. I think it's the activity that get's him going. He won't go in his viv he waits for me to take him out. The moment I let him loose on furniture, my legs or the floor he really doesn't care.
What works for me is allowing Darwin to go from hand to hand for a bit then putting him in a box where he usually promptly poops.

My adult corn often poops when I have her out. I think it's because she gets way more activity than when she is in her viv. One sign that she is going to go very soon, if she is down on the ground, is she will raise her tail.

Nanci

I did notice the tail, however by that time it was too late :-( and Sid does not do his poo-ing in his Viv either, i think the only thing i can try is to hand him on a towel, or put a nappy on him! I think the towel may just be a better idea!

Back