• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Has not defecated yet

CopperCornsnake

To me, 'normal' is weird
Sorry for a non-corn related post, but I figure this may apply to them too.

I have a ball python that I fed about two weeks ago a somewhat large meal, and had decided to wait a week to let him empty out. I havn't seen any waste, and I read somewhere on here that someone soaked their corn that had a similar problem, and worked. Can't seem to find the post though. Advice?

You're sure you didn't miss it? I use repti-bark substrate, and it blends in nicely unless there is plenty of "white stuff" in it. I wouldn't worry unless you start seeing a problem. It seems like the people who are always looking for something wrong find it....even if it's only in their head.

I don't know if ball pythons are similar in digestive time as Green tree pythons, but on average my python (green tree) defecates about every 3 weeks. This is normal for them. The baby goes more often (about once a week) but the older they get, the longer between poops. I usually have to threaten to not feed her, or even skip every 3rd feeding until she goes as she gets pretty full in back.

I swear my ball pythons hold it in until they have absolutely no room left. Never have any problems going (one likes to go on me actually) but when they do it's a nice big pile. I'll feed my adult male once every 2-3 weeks right now (a large meal that is) and he'll poo probably once every 3-4 weeks. I don't worry because one day I'll walk in the room and know I have to clean his cage. I don't think soaking would hurt but I wouldn't worry too much. They can hold much more in than corns IMO.

~Katie

Back