• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hatchling LOST (out of sight)

starship

My critter cage is tight, but when we could not find here, I did find two 1/4" openings in the PetSmart tree. and it's hollow inside.

Hindsight again.

How long do I give her to come out before I panic. Saturday is feeding day, and maybe the sent will draw her out?

Advice please!

I'm sure she will come out on her own. Be patient. If memory serves, you just got her right? I'm sure she's just scared and hiding.

She ate one week ago tonight. I have a well thawed pinky at the base of the tree structure.

When she come out to feed, I don't think the lump will fit back in the small hole. :laugh:

I can't picture (although I've heard of them) a PetSmart tree in my mind. Is it movable?
Like I told another poster worried about his snake that had wedged itself in a paper towel roll, if you just can't wait, and learning patience is just the way of snake husbandry.....gently place the tree in a big bucket of room temp water.
Your snakey will come flying outta there like the Great Sea Kracken. Release the Kracken! :laugh:

NOTE : Call me a control freak, but I never put anything in my viv that cannot be lifted off of a snake, or a snake lifted out of. But that's just me.

Wait in the room with all the lights off over night. Or disassemble the tree slowly ... it will come out. I had a grape vine that ended up with a hole like you described. It took awhile for the snake to come out.

I'd tip it over so the entrance isn't so hidden, wait till you catch the snake out, and then fill the hole up with silicone. I have one of those that isn't in use right now, and I've got it sealed up. You don't know to check for those things till this happens to you, though. This is another tree to watch out for:

http://tinyurl.com/6putbf

Same thing happened to me about 3 days ago. My guy was out at night like everyone says, so i pulled the log and stuffed all of the holes with tissue. now he hides under the newspaper in the tank.

Same thing happened to me about 3 days ago. My guy was out at night like everyone says, so i pulled the log and stuffed all of the holes with tissue. now he hides under the newspaper in the tank.

You could give the poor guy some aspen to burrow in!

She's back

I don't know when she actually got out, but we found her between the tank bottom glass, and the painted block the tank rest on.

Had we not removed the bedding (completely) we would have not seen her now.

For now, we have moved her to a 10 gallon tank, with a clip on top, untill she grows up!

So am I understanding that somehow she got outside of the tank.....beneath it's bottom, but above that stand's upper surface?
I did not realize we were talking about the possibility of her being outside of the tank. Just hidden/stuck in the decorative "tree"....I thought....

I don't mean to be obsessing, just full of empathy, Starship.

Another good trick is to place another hide in the cage and place the current on on the heat mat the little snake will soon move to the nice cooler area.

Back