• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

have a question about handling

snkegrl

i am wondering how often you all handle your snakes

i handle mine about 4 days a week, for about 30 minutes to an hour, and most of the time at night because that's when they come out, and i don't see why i should disturb them, or does it matter.

:eek:

I pick my babies up during the day, or whenever I'm awake and ready to handle them. I don't think it matters much, but I think opinions differ on this.

My collection is growing rapidly, so I'm now on a handling schedule. Half my kids get handled Monday/Wednesday/Friday, the other half Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, and Sunday I clean cages, so none of them get handled. I keep them out 15 minutes at a time, unless I half to soak one of them or do whatever else that might take more than 15 minutes.

- Victoria

i feed both on a sunday evening... and then dont handle till tuesday... I'm trying to work on a system.. cos now i have two.. it's like do i spend an hour with each... 15 minutes.. or do the every other day thing...

normally i spend about 30 minutes handling them... but i also try to make their tanks interesting... new additions and variations of furniture always seem to get them active.. searching out the place... it's fun to watch... I'm working on adding some convienient climbing bars and draw handles up the sides so that she can climb up and down easier.. right now she has a habit of getting on top of the lamp cage and just falling off...

incidentally.. i fill my car up with fuel every monday.. that way i dont worry about getting diesel on any of them.. !!

Bob

HOW SHOULD I BATH MY CORN BY USING SPRAY WITH SPRAY BOTTLE OR PUT INSIDE A TUB SO THAT THEY CAN BATHE THEMSELVES PLS HELP THANKS P.S R THEY GOOD SWIMMERS. :confused:

I feed them every five days (but it gets a bit confusing cos i have two and i try to feed them on different days so there is always one i can handle) then after i have fed them i try to wait till they poop but i usally can't wait so i will (can only handle akasha as my new python is just getting settled in) handle them 6 days a week.

Godfather - All snakes can swim, but that doesn't mean that they like to. I don't understand your reasoning behind wanting to bathe your snake. Are you talking about soaking him to keep him hydrated? I would suggest you just put a tub of clean water on the cool side of your snake's tank, and occassionally mist it with a spray bottle to get the humidity up. I don't think you will need to soak him unless he goes through a bad shed (which shouldn't happen if you give him water and mist his cage).

- Victoria

I handle mine...

I handle mine all the time (besides 24 hours after eating).
Usually only for 15 mins or so. After that I'm to lazy to keep an eye on the snake lol So I put it away for safe keeping lol

handling

I hold my snake mitch about 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I leave him alone for 2 days due to feeding. About handling a night, handle your snake when he is most active.

Honestly, I don't handle mine. Only to clean cages, pair them for mating, or if someone comes by who wants to see them. If I have a tail rattler or a nippy snake, I'll handle it often enough to "break it in" but that's about it.

Back