• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Have you ever popped your snake's back?

Talane

I was holding Julian today, giving him some extra socialization before his first feed tomorrow, and while getting him to crawl off one hand and onto another, I heard what I assumed was his back popping. It was very faint, and I guess I felt it more than I heard it. It happened while I was pulling one hand away from him; he had his tail wrapped around one of my fingers loosely and was putting a tiny bit of tension on himself. He stopped moving, but it wasn't that "What are you doing...?" kind of pause, more like a "that's good, ooooh" (still scenting and all) and afterwards went back to slowly meandering the endless hand treadmill. Maybe it has something to do with his few spinal kinks, though I tried to avoid those areas as I'm not sure of they're more sensitive to him at all.

all the time, especially when they're stretched out between two hands, or try to pull away by wrapping their head around an inanimate object. It's no big deal in my experience. I imagine it's just like cracking your own back.

Yes, I have felt that many times over the years. Since it didn't seem to bother them or hurt them, I always figured it was something like cracking your knuckles - although I don't know that for a fact.

I, too, heard/felt this popping while trying to get Pancake to stay straight and still long enough for me to give her a shot. I thought maybe I was a bit too rough with her, but according to this thread, it's not a bad thing?! On a related note, I always also hear/feel her creaking/popping after a shed.

Yes, I have felt that many times over the years. Since it didn't seem to bother them or hurt them, I always figured it was something like cracking your knuckles - although I don't know that for a fact.

Same here.

I wonder if it 'feels good'...lol...like when I crack my knuckles, toes, back, neck, elbows, or knees.
Note to self : ask sankes about back-cracking...

Same here.

I wonder if it 'feels good'...lol...like when I crack my knuckles, toes, back, neck, elbows, or knees.
Note to self : ask sankes about back-cracking...

I get jealous when I hear it, I love having my back and neck cracked! Such a release when you hear that "pop".

Back