• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

He didnt eat please help me

FirstCorn

Hi everybody, I have had my corn snake for around three months now and I feed him on the same day everyweek and today is feeding time. So I take monty out of his viv and place him in the feeding tub and place the pinky in hot water to thaw. After waiting 10-15 minutes I put the pinky to his nose but he backed away so I tried it another 5 times but still nothing. This is the first time this has happened as I have had many successful feeds in the past. should I be worried by this? I have put him back in his viv and plan to try again this evening. One thing though he did poop in the container where I Feed him. Does anyone have any advice for me or can help me out? thank you

One skipped meal is nothing to worry about.

Is it possible that Monty may be getting ready to go into blue? Many snakes will not eat when they are getting ready to shed.

Also, as a rule of thumb, it is usually best to wait 3-4 days between feeding attempts when they skip a meal.

One thing though he did poop in the container where I Feed him. Does anyone have any advice for me or can help me out? thank you

First sit down, take a deep breath. Count to 10 slowly. No really, count to 10, I’ll wait.

OK, this is normal and not something to worry about. It just happens sometimes. Clean it up and everything will be OK.

Also..when you feed your snake..don't always think you have to offer it for them to take it..out of the 4 snakes I own..only two will take it if I offer it right at their nose..the other two will just back away...but...if you just leave the pinkie in with them and leave them in a dark room and don't bother them for about a half hour..come back after that and usually they will have eaten when nobody is watching..some snakes just feel a little to vulnerable to eat while a big hand is over them..the two snakes i have that turn their noses away are both babies..so I don't blame them for wanting to stay alert..but anyway..just try that and see if that works for ya..Sometimes a snake will take it offered and sometimes the snake will just need it left there for when their ready..

Back