• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heat between viv

Patmart

Hi could anyone help I need to stop the heat from my bottom viv going into my top viv ?
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why is the lower viv generating so much heat that it is affecting the top viv? Are you saying that the lower viv heat is affecting the cool side of the upper viv? Can you space the vivs further apart? Can you affix a Styrofoam insulation sheet to the bottom of the upper viv? Can you set the upper viv on a piece of plywood?

Hi no it’s the warm side it’s just that I have thermostat on the heat lamp and the lamp was going out
And I was worried that zuzee was not getting sufficient day time light the temperatures are fine in both viv,s
Anyway I think we’ve got it right now we brought a 50watt bulb and the light has not gone out today keeping a eye on both temperature
Pat

Hi am I wright the the warm side should be 30c and the could side 20c are they the wright temperature??
Pat

Most of us use heat tape or heat pads, usually under the viv, to provide our heat source. Corns don't require light, beyond normal daylight, but some people like to have a light to watch their corns. I don't know if that is even necessary, as most corns stay in their hides.
30c is okay for the warm side, but 20c is too cool. I wouldn't go below 23 or 24c.

Ok thank you just thought that corns need light in the day and dark at night
I’ve got heat lamp for the day time and heat mat for night time just to keep the viv a bit warm all night
Is that wright ??
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can control the heat output of your heat mat with a thermostat, that's all that's necessary. A heat lamp is not necessary, and some may argue that using one may cause the scales to dry out. Having said that, I'm sure someone is using a heat lamp right now, but not me. I like to keep the corn's requirements as simple as possible.

Thank you very much I have got thermostat on both my mat and my lamp
In the UK our days are mostly dull
As I said I thought corns need 12 hours of light that’s why I’ve got heat lamp
My vivairiums are 3 foot long and 18 inches wide and high would just a heat keep it warm enough?
Pat

Back