• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heat Pad/Thermostat

Charger9

Hi, I am in the process of getting all my housing needs before buying my Corn, I bought a exo terra heat wave mat but I am thinking of returning because it has no thermostat can someone tell me if I need a thermostat and if yes what is a good UTH with thermostat. Thanks

Sorry follow up to my original post can I plug the above mentioned heat mat into a seperate thermostat to control the heat?

yes, you can plug it into a thermostat OR you can go to the search, type in How to make your own rheostat for under 7.00. I've made 5 of them and they work great. I plug my uth into them and regulate the temps with the aid of a digital thermometers.

As someone here on the forums told me the other day, a plugin light dimmer will work great for your heat mat. I picked up 8 today, they were $10.97 at Home Depot.

Looks like this
19049.fpx

I posted this in another forum

rp236.jpg

these things run about 25.00 to 30.00 will handle a 1,000 watts and have a probe and temp dial...works just like the thermostat in your house...if your not handy wiring things or feel uncomfortable playing with electricity....these take all the guess work out of it for you you just plug in your heat mat and light set the dial place the probe in the cage and bam your done!

you can get them just about anyplace that sells reptiles supplies or on line at

http://www.reptilesupply.com

MCHouse
www.Nightbreedreptiles.com

Thanks for the replys I am going to a reptile swap tomorrow and if I see a Corn I like I will be bringing him/her home and I wan't to make sure I have everything right for it.

dwyn127 said:
Hey, how'd you do that?:shrugs: I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach a previous thread.

I'm not very good at the "tricks" you can do on a PC. But I copy that link from my Duke of url's list, (highlighted it) then copy it to this post, that all. I also clicked on my favorite list and right click on a link, click properties and copy from their, and paste it to a post too. But it's best to wait for someone with better skills than me.

Good Luck :cheers:

Charger9 said:
Thanks for the replys I am going to a reptile swap tomorrow and if I see a Corn I like I will be bringing him/her home and I wan't to make sure I have everything right for it.

If this is the same reptile swap I went to today outside chicago, there wasn't much of a selection of corns as of yet. the vendor I spoke to said it will be another month or so before they get the new hatchlings ready for sale. I saw a couple more expensive ($150) 05 corns left, but that was about it unless I missed something.

As for the UTH, as far as I know NONE of them come with a thermostat attached. I use the Zoomed 500R with probe, goes for about $23 at reptiledirect.com, $40 and up at pet stores

Lennycorn said:
I'm not very good at the "tricks" you can do on a PC. But I copy that link from my Duke of url's list, (highlighted it) then copy it to this post, that all. I also clicked on my favorite list and right click on a link, click properties and copy from their, and paste it to a post too. But it's best to wait for someone with better skills than me.

Good Luck :cheers:
Thanx, I'll see if I can figure it out.

I returned the light dimmer's to Home Depot and found and bought the bellow.
If you call http://www.herpsupplies.com the will match any price, I got them for $16.99. If you are running to heating pads this a great deal. $8.50 a socket and no messing with wires and all.

Dual-port plug receptacles on all units, to control multiple heating devices.

Temperature settings from 70 to 110 degrees F (for thermostats).

Repti-Temp 500R is rated for 500 watts; Rheostat (RT-10) is rated for 150 Watts; Deluxe Rheostat (RT-20) is rated for 500 watts)

rheostat_dlx.jpg

Back