• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

heating question

SilverPhoenix69

Im getting a digital thermometer with a probe tomorrow for my tank(10gallon), but i was just wondering if i need two, or just putting one in the middle of the tank is ok.

Also about the heating, I live in Toronto, Ontario and i was just wondering if a UTH would be better then using a heat lamp, or if the heat lamp would be fine to use.

I put my on the warm side in the bedding too. That way you can see if its getting too hot. side note: if you touch the glass over the UTH and it "burns" your hand it's way to hot. I wouldn't attach the UTH to the tank either. When i put mine, i peeled the paper on the UTH to reveal the sticky stuff and then stuck tin foil over the sticky UTH. Then you can duct tape it to the glass. It makes it for easy removal. - John

You could get a indoor/outdoor thermometer. They sell these at Walmart/Lowes/HomeDepot (along with a lot of other places) for under $10. These thermometers can measure 2 temperatures simultaneously. They have a probe (the more expensive ones have a wireless probe) that measures one temp., while the actual unit measures another temp, and then displays both on the screen.

Well i got my snake friday (yays, normal corn) shes so cute...anyways i dont think im gonna use the UTH right now, im kinda freaked out that im gonna burn her cuz of it..I have it and every thing but im gonna wait a week before i try to use it( that way i can take her out of the tank while im playing with the temps...sooo just one question on the heat lamps...is it ok to use the red light for at night? i was told you can, but i just wanted to make sure here

hehe i got a indoor/out door thermometer from walmart for $14.99 that has a wireless probe and you can buy another (just the wireless probe and the remote and control it with the one thermometer, so when i find out where to get that(probably walmart) im gonna buy it for the cold side

Back