• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heating

ltsweety2

Hey everyone
So this my first winter with my corn Rocky and i noticed now the heat on in the apt her tank is dryer like under 20% what can i do to fix that or is it okay?

Keya

Well it's quite dry. You can take a plant sprayer and lightly mist the tank once or twice a day. Don't mist too much or it will cause mold to grow, and by night the tank should be dry.
You can also place a small water container on the hot side to evaporate, and cover part of the top mesh if you have it.
When your snake goes into shed he (?) could have problems with it. This time, instead of misting I think providing a humid hide would be best.

I hope this helps.

I live in So. Cal. which is like a desert. On really dry days, I drape a wet towel over the top of the warm side of the enclosure. Works great.

I always keep a moist moss filled hide in the tank with Paprikás, that way if he feels the need to be in a more humid environment he can choose to go in to it...it's worked for me so far. ;-)

Back