• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heatmat inside viv.

J.T.Cosmo

I have just got a new wooden viv for my snake and the heatpad goes insidethe viv. Sorry no pictures yet. I just wanted to know what kind of tape is best to fix the heatmat to the floor of viv? I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks on saturday and was hoping to have Cosmo in his new viv before i go so he has time to get used to it. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I use mats inside wooden vivs, and I don't use tape at all. To be honest I consider tape to be a bad idea around snakes. I place ceramic tiles on top of the mats - not only keeps them down, but also stops the snakes lying directly on the mats. That works fine for me and my snakes have never gotten under the mats.

cheers.

I was a bit wary of using tape myself which is why i posted. Do you put the tiles directly on top of the heatpad or should i leave any space? Thanks for the quick reply. :)

I lay the tiles directly on top of the mats and then put a thick layer of bedding over that (aspen, in my case.) And of course everything is controlled via thermostat. ;)

Got my heatmat and thermostat set up and ready to go, just waiting to get the tiles then i can put down the aspen and dress ot up a bit. thanks for your help. :wavey:

Back