• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hello all

baldy pete

hello to all members.
the name is pete as im sure you can guess LOL
live in the uk ( north east )
looked around the site and it looks great.

i am a first time keeper of corn snakes, just got my first a couple of weeks ago, a baby about 6-7wks old now.
kids have called him sid the snake LOL
(well at least i think its a him but havent got a clue )

a quick question , aopolgies if its in the wrong place - how often do they get fed as i was told by the shop where i got him from that it is every week , but i have read other places that its every 4-5 days.
all help appreciated .

Welcome and congrats on the new corns. From my understanding there is no fixed feeding timeline when they're babies. You can feed them every 4 days or you could feed them every 7. The deciding factor would be how fast you want them to grow, b/c a baby feeding every 4 days grows a lot faster.

The important factor here is:- Is to leave the snake for at least 24 hrs after feeding(I wait 48hrs). If you feed every 4 days,it dosn't leave much time between feeds to handle the snake(and by the sound of it your kids are gonna want to hold this guy)
MIKE

never thought about it that way, currently leaving sid for 48 hrs before i handle him,and yes the kids are dying to get there hands on him, when i take him out he goes all fast in my fingers and im just a little scared at the minute that the kids might drop him.

thanks for the reply.

awww he/she sounds gorgeous, It is quite normal for lttle hatchlins to be quite squirmy after a few weeks of consitent handling he should settle down though. mine is only a month or so old and the kids are just starting to handling now as he has calmed down loads. Hope all goes well with him/her.

thanks for the reply
and aye it really is fast as lightning,kids are amazed when it just slithers in and out of my fingers.
the wife isnt too pleased about it as she is scared of snakes and im sure that she will over come her fear in time
well i hope anyway LOL

baldy pete said:
the wife isnt too pleased about it as she is scared of snakes and im sure that she will over come her fear in time
well i hope anyway LOL

Don't hold your breath! I have been keeping snakes the entire time I have known my wife (18 years) and she still won't hold one.
:shrugs:

Back