• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello and Thank You

kensei

Hey everyone. I'm James from Toronto, Canada and I brought home my first corn snake last Saturday (Nov. 3). I have been reading these forums for the past month or so in preparation for my first snake and I just wanted to thank everyone for the abundance of useful information!~ As for my snake, his name is Kensei and he is a 3 month old normal (I believe...). He seems to be adjusting well to his new home, always exploring and I even saw him taking his first drink out of the waterbowl last night. I tried feeding him on the 3rd day and he refused the meal so I'm thinking he was still stressed from the move. I have only handled him once so far to take him out and put him in a plastic tub for feeding. I plan on starting to handle him on Sunday so hopefully he'll be hungry by then and eat his first meal. Anyways, thanks again and I look forward to being an active member on these forums :)

Hi James, welcome to you and Kensei. Make sure you give Kensei plenty of time and privacy when you feed him. Even if you have to leave him overnight. There are other things you can try if he still doesn't eat next time.

I look forward to seeing pics of Kensei.

Hey, welcome from Montreal, pretty close! You should post some pics of him I'm sure everyone would love to see some.

Some snakes can be convinced to eat when offered a pinky, but a lot are pretty shy at first. There's lots of things you can try incrementally. I believe the FAQs have a good list to start. The important thing is not to panic. Your snake (what, no pictures??) will soon be eating for you with no problem and you'll think back and wonder what the big deal was.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the group and your first corn snake.

Did anyone mention pictures?

welcome.jpg

hi again, thanks for all the 'welcomes' lol :)

my avatar is a picture of kensei ^^

i have also attached 2 more pictures.
the first is a picture of him chilling in the corner of his tank.
the second is a picture of his tank/setup.
let me know what you think of the setup! thanks!

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 29
  • tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 29
Hey you have a lovely corn. The setup looks pretty perfect to me...I would maybe add more aspen so that he could dig some more, my corns love burrowing.

Hi, I talked to the breeder today and turns out Kensei is normal x anery which makes him het anery? Anyways, I constantly find myself browsing on snake forums and classifieds these days... the addiction begins... >.<

so tonight i tried the deli cup method of feeding where i left the snake and a pinky in a deli cup and let him be for a few hours... when i came back the pinky was gone so i was pretty excited! now to resist the temptation of handling him for a few days >.<

Back