• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello fellow corn snake owners

yvez9

I've been a snake lover since I was 11 (I'm 24 now) years old when a teacher in high school kept a 6' boa in his classroom and let everyone handle him and even bring him home on weekends! I got to bring him multiple times throughout the year.

I've been wanting a snake ever since and I'm finally going to get a corn snake.

I had never even heard of corn snakes until last week.

For those interested, this is how it all went:

I have 6 fish tanks at home keeping various fish, all colours and sizes. Me and my girlfriend have a very good pet store nearby and we go there quite often to get food for our 100 or so fish. We eventually got to know the manager of the fish and reptile section quite well and we would chat with him everytime. He owns all sorts of reptiles and insects and he just loves them.

Now, about 6 weeks ago, we open our door and right there, on the ground, is a beautiful greek turtle. about 2 or 3 pounds. This is very akward because the only turtles we have around here are aquatic turtles, no land turtles. We picked it up and brought it home. For sure someone must have either abandonned it or it escaped it's home somehow. Anyway, we decided to bring to the pet store as we knew they would be able to take great care of it. We got there and the guy we knew had quit. We talked to a new employee working the fish and reptile section and told her about her amazing find. She was so excited and asked if she could keep it. she eventually did.

So I go back last week and asked her how it all went. She told me how better the turtle has been and so on. So she asks me why I didn't keep it. Besides the fact they grow to be over 100 pounds, I told her i'm no reptile fan, save for snakes. So she shows me the baby corn snakes they just got in. There ya go. My longtime snake passion got the best of me and I'm now shopping for a vivarium and the rest of the supplies. I plan on purchasing the snake in about a month or so.

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!! There is a lot of information here. Be sure to read the FAQ section in the forums. They answer a lot of questions. There is a search feature that answer many questions also.
There are a lot of great people here. Everybody is always willing to help.

Back