• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello From Columbus, Ohio!

BigByrd47119

Hello!

New member here with a new snake!

Just picked up a Pueblan Milk Snake from the local pet store. They said it had been there for almost two years with feeding records going back to September of 2009!

The truth is its my first reptile other than a Fire Newt when I was 12. My original intentions were to get a corn but when I saw this little guy I couldn't say no. The cage was too small, it appeared no one was interested in him, etc etc.

So anyways I am attempting to find as much about them as possible and there is surprisingly very little out there when compared to the beloved corns. I have thus far been unsuccessful at finding anything which indicated a approximate appropriate weight/length for a snake his age.

As a first time snake owner I have done a ton of research and much of it was from these very forums. Because of this I call on anyone who may have information on this little snake to please share it.

Thanks for everyones time!
~BigByrd47119

Hello and welcome! You won't find an "appropriate weight/length" for your snake...it all depends on the feeding schedule and metabolism of the individual. I'm sure a few people here have Pueblans and can give you an educated guess.

Are you checking out the Cbus reptile show today?
http://www.allohioshows.com/

Hello and welcome! You won't find an "appropriate weight/length" for your snake...it all depends on the feeding schedule and metabolism of the individual. I'm sure a few people here have Pueblans and can give you an educated guess.

Are you checking out the Cbus reptile show today?
http://www.allohioshows.com/

I'm really considering it. Only 10 minutes until the doors open...My only problem with going is I work 3rd shift so I'll have to be home by 1pm so I can get 8 hrs of sleep!

I think we may go anyways. What could it hurt? Anyone interested in pics of the show or anything in particular at the show if I do go???

I'm really considering it. Only 10 minutes until the doors open...My only problem with going is I work 3rd shift so I'll have to be home by 1pm so I can get 8 hrs of sleep!

I think we may go anyways. What could it hurt? Anyone interested in pics of the show or anything in particular at the show if I do go???

Oops...saw this too late. I was up there for an hour or so. I don't buy anything...just pick up mice from RodentPro. A couple of the bigger vendors weren't there this month.

It was interesting to say the least. I'm not a big fan of large crowds so it was actually rather uncomfortable for me. Aside from the crowds though I was pretty impressed. I likewise grabbed up some fuzzies and did some browsing. Unfortunately I found out about this show on short notice (>24 hours) so money was tight going into it.

The variety was very impressive and the family had a blast! I'm glad I went. Sadly I forgot to take pictures! Between the crowd, the noise, and the general confusion I simply didn't remember to.

Next month guys, I promise!

I'll hold you to it! Glad you and the family had a good time! Totally understand though, I did the same thing at the first (and so far, only) Expo I've been to, had a problem with the crowd and in the press of things, totally spaced taking pics. Unfortunately, that one only happens once a year and is the only Expo near enough to drive to.

Back