• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from South Carolina!

librarianlady

:wavey:

I've decided to raise a baby corn. He is a week old. He was the first to pip and hatch from that clutch. Of course, I named him Pip. Anyways, my boyfriend has had snakes, but I thought it would be great to learn some things from you all, too!

He already escaped his plastic shoebox and freaked me out. Luckily, we found him very quickly.

I'll post photos soon. We're setting his cage up tonight. I imagine he'll go into his first shed any day now. His eyes clouded over and are clear again.

I adore him! My boyfriend thinks it odd that I named him...so I'm glad to see others on here that are "warm" towards their snakes :cheers: Don't get me wrong...he "loves" them...I'm just used to having cats...and he finds the baby talk and name calling...er...odd?!?

I look forward to chatting you all up and learning from you all.

Tracey

Why Thanks!

I've been handling him a few times a day. I think he is going to have a decent temperament. He got really testy a few days while his eyes were clouded...WHEW! He bit me with his wee fangs one day...several times in a row :sobstory: haha!

But thanks for the welcome.

Just don't let his striking dissuade you from holding him however you might want to give him a few days without handling so that he can get used to his new enclosure i was the same way when I first got mine then I came here since I handled him only to transfer him to his feed tank and haven't handled him as he digest I probably won't get to hold him again until Saturday or so when he has had some time to deal with our move.

hi Tracey :) what Co. in SC do you live ??? and what part of the state. I'm interested in corns for your state

Hi Tracey, I'm also a SC girl. I got my first snake on Sunday. His name is Cheerio. I am so crazy about him. He's got warm eyes and we just had an instant connection. It's not weird at all to be "warm" with your snake. :crazy01: Enjoy!

I don't go herping, we have a lot of venemous snakes here. I'm brave, but not that brave. I would post a pic of Cheerio, but my digital is broken. :shrugs:

this_name's_corny said:
im totally new here, so can anybody teach me how to create threads?
thax :santa:
Yup, start at opening page scroll down you will see New Memer Intro. click on that, after that you will see "New Thread" its to the left across from page numbers, click on this start your thread. This pertains to all sub-topics. Also if you scroll down a bit before you start new thread you will Stickies in some of the topics, they are a great source of info, especially say the Health and Feeding Problems topic. good luck, susan

Oh no way! I set him up in his permanent home last night. He DID shed yesterday and he is gorgeous. I was laughing last night telling Alex (my beau) that everyone here would think he is a "plain Jane" because he is of the wild breed...haha...I think he is beautiful...he is calmed right back down. He loves his "Momma". He! I've been handling him since he was freshly hatched.

I'll be going a lot, soon...and I'll have pics :) I can't wait. I'll be sure to share. I only have an inexpensive camera...so I'm not sure if the quality will be that great...but, we'll see!

Perhaps I'm Doing Something Wrong?!?

I tried answering everyone's questions by clicking on the Quick Reply link in each box with your posting...and then it put it at the END of the thread :shrugs:

HELP! :cry:

librarianlady said:
I tried answering everyone's questions by clicking on the Quick Reply link in each box with your posting...and then it put it at the END of the thread :shrugs:

HELP! :cry:

Ohh yea it does that. Instead of it coming up after the persons question it goes to the end of the thread.

Back