• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Southern Illinois

bluefox009

Hiya! I have owned geckos, sugar gliders and "normal" pets and am now looking into getting a snake. I have decided on a corn snake (though a second option was a grey banded king snake).

I am doing my research now, tho will have to wait a few months to get one because my current roomies absolutely refuse to have a snake in the house.

Luckily I am researching because my friend, who is a older lady and was an actually college graduate for herpetology, gave me majorly wrong info. She told me 10 gallon for an adult and pine for substrate, among other wrong info.

I am now a bit more in the know and learning lots more thanks to this site and others like it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Wow- I was just in Anna (well Cobden, actually) last weekend!! Looking for snakes :) My photos are in a thread in General Chit Chat, about Snake Road.

Just in case you change your mind and decide on a Grey Band, be VERY careful and absolutely certain you get one that is feeding on UNSCENTED mice. They are notoriously tough to start feeding on mice.

Thanks folks! I have family in Cobden, did you hasn't any luck? I most likely will go with the corn because their ease of care, temperment and morphs available.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornsnakes are the best- I have about 50 of them!

We found 9 cottonmouths, 1 Dekays Brown Snake, 2 Ribbon Snakes, 1 Yellow Bellied Water Snake, a Northern Slimy Salamander, many ZigZag salamanders, a Central Newt, a toad, 2 crayfish. It was a little chilly.

Welcome to the fun! I'm sorry about your college graduate herpetologist friend.
I'm sure she meant no harm, but there is a lot of misimformation out there. I would like to thank you for taking the initiative & researching thoroughly yourself, rather than relying on one 'experts' opinion! :)

Back