• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello Saskatchewan!

Demarii

Hello everyone,

I've been enjoying reading all the different discussions here and have learned alot which has made my acquisition of Caoilinn a lot easier for the both of us.

I do have a few quick questions though as they were not quite certain of her age but she is about 2 feet long and is feeding on fuzzies. Any ideas on a rough estimate to her age? I"m guessing around 6-8 months atleast... but not sure.

Also I asked them when she was fed (3 days ago) I would imagine she'd be coming up on her next feeding soon. I am not sure if should I try to maintain the schedule or give her a few days for her to feel comfortable and build an appetite?

She seemed to do with being introduced to her new home I let her hang out on my hand while I held it down in the confines of the quarantine and she eventually slithered off and casually checked the perimeter before eventually settling in a corner under the wide lip of her water bowl. She has two hides but so far seems more comfortable there, I've left her alone there to chill out.

Now to begin planning her future home in my old 45g long tank.

Here's a picture not to good as I took it through the clear side of the quarantine.

my.php

PS - The name is Irish/Gaelic (pr - KWAY linn) meaning fair and slender.

heh oops title should have read "Hello FROM Sask...' haha!

And lets see if I can get the image to send this way...

caoilinnmoe0.jpg

Crosses fingers... If not its in my profile now. just alot smaller! :)

How often did she eat at the pet shop? I would mostly go with letting her settle in before feeding. Do you have a way to weigh her, that would give you a clue on feeding. I would probably wait until Wed and give her one fuzzie. Do you know how many fuzzies they were feeding her? Sorry I'm aksing more question then you. susang

When I was looking her over I asked him about their feeding patterns and cage setups to make sure I could keep it consistent as possible as I've been running the quarantine tank for a while now dry to gauge temps and humidity etc. I also purchased fuzzies from them which came from her breeder. He told me they were feeding her and her brother 1 fuzzy every 3-4 days and that the last feeding was on friday.

I don't currently have a scale capable of weighing her but I could very likely borrow a hanging style one from friends or family or pick on up to check her weight.

I appreciate the questions in return, I gleaned as much information as I could from the man at the shop today when I got her but I got the feeling he probably wasn't the main guy who looked after them. I might be able to learn more on my next visit if armed with more knowledge on what to ask about.

One thing I've been wondering about is if a Snow Corn is a true Albino morph? I"ve been searching for an answer but haven't found it yet.

The reason I ask is I read in book I picked up a while ago to prepare for Caoilinn's arrival it said not to use UV style lighting with albino's as they lack melanin in their skin to protect them, I know the pet shop did have UV lamps on them at the store though but both her and her brother were hiding directly under the fake tree in cage which is why I ask. I have only indirect lighting on her quarantine right now coming from my big 180 gallon planted aquarium.

Thanks for response Susang!

First off 3-4 day feeding schedule is iffy 4-5 days better, as you shouldn't handle them for about 48 hours after eating. No cornsnake needs UV lighting. Snows are amel and anery A combined so no not albino as confusing as that sounds. Amel or red albino are actually red/yellow/white in varying degrees.
So back to your orignal question on when to feed I would probably wait a couple days and let her settle in and then start the 4-5 regime. susang

Thanks for the info and suggestion for feeding much appreciated she's settled down in the warm side hide now for the night.

Welcome to the forum fellow flatlander. Nice looking snake you got there, would that be one of the snows from Cowtown by any chance?

Scott

Yes indeed it is the female Snow from Cowtown. Now its just her brother there waiting for a good home. You are familiar with those two? They caught my eye a while back when I started thinking about getting a corn snake and reading up on them.

Thank you for the welcome Scott!

Back